Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need advise on 350z Sound system
FlexBravo
Shop Monkey
Post Need advise on 350z Sound system
on: March 20, 2016, 20:01

I enjoy your vids, thanks for doing those. I am looking for advise on what sound system to purchase for my 2008 350Z Touring Coupe. I should say I know nothing about car sound systems.

My budget is around $1500.00 USD. I want to replace the speakers/Sub as well as Head unit and add an amp(s). For the head unit I'd like a double din that can play .flac files as well as use a usb and phone plug in etc. I also want to be able to play moves/DVD have the option of a back up camera (although I may use the rear view mirror or that) I've no idea how much I should spend on a head unit.

From the videos I've watched of your I noticed that you placed Hertz HSK 165 component speakers in the doors of one car and Coax ECX 165 speakers for the rear speakers. Would these be a good choice or can I do better for the money?

I'd also like to upgrade the Sub woofer if necessary. The caveat being that I'd prefer to use the factory location to preserve the factory look and function. Unless you think that is a terrible idea. This car is a daily driver so the back is used to carry things from time to time.

I'm not likely to do the install myself. I'll need to find a shop I trust to do quality work. I am thinking of ordering the bulk of the parts online and paying for the install.

Things I think I need:
Component Door speakers/tweets
Coax Rear speakers
Sub woofer
Amp for speakers
Amp for Sub
Head unit
4 gauge wiring
Dynamat
speaker baffle as a water shield.
tessa foam tape to focus direction

What am I missing from this list?

AnthonyJ35-
Administrator
AnthonyJ350
Post Re: Need advise on 350z Sound system
on: June 9, 2016, 06:14

You're definitely on the right track. Are you doing the install yourself or professionally getting it installed?

Maybe look into a nice 5 channel to help ease the budget. Something like Alpine's PDX or PDR amps or JL Audio.

AnthonyJ350

-FullScreen Partner
-Shop Manager
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnthonyJ350

Pages: [1]